ABOUT RAY THOMANN
Ray’s background consists of extensive training and practical experience in the fields of entertainment, music and radio/tv broadcast. As a professional drummer, he has been featured in major rock magazines and publications such as Metal Edge and Metal Maniacs. Ray has played countless music venues with national acts. He started his radio career after being mentored by syndicated talk show legend IRV HOMER of 96.5 WWDB fame. He hosted a syndicated show which broadcasted throughout the Delaware Valley on both AM and FM as well as the internet. Ray is also an accomplished martial artist and former professional wrestler; holding 8th Dan and 6th Dan Masters certifications. He has wrestled professionally in the independent ranks, the NWA and on numerous cards with stars from WCW, WWE and ECW. In 2001 he was inducted into the WKU Hall of Fame.
With that being said; Ray was headed down a path of destruction until the Lord Jesus saved him. Ray has come to understand that experiences and accomplishments mean nothing if they serve prideful purposes. After watching his world come crashing down; he was given peace after coming to know Jesus Christ. Jesus was the answer for the disorder in his life. That relationship with the Lord provides him with the strength and desire to share the Good News and the Truth that breaks the chains of bondage in a fallen world. With struggle comes breakthrough! Amen.
ABOUT HOPE IS ALIVE
“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” – Hebrews 4:12
Ray and his wife Jennifer were saved and renewed by the Lord Jesus during a time of great struggle in their lives. It was at this time that they came to personally know the Lord and His saving grace. As faithful witnesses for the Almighty, they were given a heart and mission to boldly proclaim the Gospel truth which is Jesus. They were led to steward the HOPE IS ALIVE Church; which consists of the HIA Network.
HOPE IS ALIVE (HIA) has a mission; to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ around the world and win souls for our Lord in fulfillment of the Great Commission found in Matthew 28:18-20. HIA affirms that the word of God is the Truth that will set men free from the bondage of this fallen world. This message is joyfully proclaimed through the HIA Network and the various ministries that have become part of our family. HIA also declares a message of HOPE; which is Christ JESUS. Jesus spilled his precious blood for all of us so that we can live. He is the answer for all of our lives and He has a plan for each and every one of us.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” – Jeremiah 29:11-13
You can follow the Tough Love Show daily on AM and FM stations as well as the internet. We look forward to spending this time in fellowship with you as we come together in praise and worship of Jesus. Please feel free to contact us at any time.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe that the Holy Bible is the infallible “Word of God” which was written and compiled by divinely inspired men (II Timothy 3:16, I Peter 1-11, II Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe there is one true God whose hallowed name is Yahweh and is eternally existent in the Godhead: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Yeshua, our Lord Jesus Christ, was sent by God into the world being conceived by the Holy Spirit, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to the earth in power and glory to rule for a thousand years.
- We believe that following the death of Jesus Christ by crucifixion, He rose from the dead the third day and thereafter ascended to His Father having purchased everlasting redemption for whosoever will believe (Luke 23:33, 24:1-8, Acts. 1:1-11, John 7:37).
- We believe in the fall and sinfulness of man and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the redeeming blood of Christ.
- We believe the provision for reconciliation has been made for everyone upon: Believing in Jesus Christ’s substitutionary death and His resurrection (Romans 10:8-11), Confessing our sins and realizing our personal need for the Savior (1 John 1:8-10) and Repenting or turning away from our sins as we are made aware of them (2Peter 3:9, Acts 17:30). Thus, being born again into the Kingdom of God (1 Peter 1:22-23, Colossians 1:12-14).
- We believe that the regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation (John 3:3, I Timothy 2:4, II Peter 3:9). All believers in Jesus Christ shall receive the indwelling Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, empowers for service, comforts and consoles, leads in truth, guides through wisdom, reveals things to come, and imparts spiritual gifts as He chooses for the glory of God, the edification of Believers, and as a testimony to the unsaved.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church and that His Body, which is made up of all men and women who have been joined to Him through saving faith and obedience. The true Church of Christ is one which is whole, unified, undivided, and is the unbroken Body of Christ.
- We believe in the resurrection and final judgment of both the saved and the lost; the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation in the lake of fire if they fail to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ at some point in their life (John 3:18-19, Luke 16:19- 31, Matt. 8:11-12, Rev. 20:10-15, 21:8). We further believe that any person who receives the mark of the beast shall be cast into the lake of fire.
- We believe that there is a devil, satan, who was defeated by Jesus Christ at Calvary. We further believe in a literal hell, also known as Gehenna and the Lake of Fire.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead and the rapture of born again believers as we meet with Christ in the air ( I Thess. 4:13, John 14:1-6, I Cor. 15:51-55).
- We believe in the eventual Millennial reign of Jesus Christ and His saints on earth following the great tribulation (Rev. 20:2, Matthew 24:15-28).
- We believe in the white throne of judgement of sinners followed by the new heaven and the new earth (Rev. 20:11-15, 21:1).
- We believe that marriage is a holy covenant (God-ordained) between God and one man and one woman. “The creator made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh”(Matthew 19:4-5). Marriage is to be an exclusive relationship, a lifelong faithful union between a man and a woman. This relationship between a husband and wife should parallel the relationship between Christ and the Church (Ephesians 5:23-30).
- We believe in the Sacraments:(1)Water Baptism by immersion subsequent to conversion as a symbolic representation and testimony to our identification with Jesus Christ in His substitutionary death (Romans 5:6-9, 6:1-11). And (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as our memorial of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation (1 Corinthians 11:23-34)